Oct 14, 2007

The Art of Butch Belair

Watercolor is a medium I find as frustrating as it is rewarding. The initial observation and organization I tried to cultivate in my line drawings is even more important now.  I have a small travel palette with selected half pans and two or three brushes (nothing special), and I paint in the 5x8 watercolor books.  I am by no means an expert, but I love the paper and the book has become a bit of a fetish item. The book itself makes me want to paint.  My progress is slow, but to me that just means the process is one worthy of the effort.

butchbelair.com

I have the materials, but making those initial steps is difficult - my inner critic is screaming at the top of her lungs: you don't have time for this!

Blogged with Flock

blog comments powered by Disqus