Jun 24, 2002

Monday Mission

1. Do you wear glasses/contact lenses? If so would you consider going through Lasik surgery? (Or if you already have, please tell us about it)

Yes, but no. I can stick my finger in my eye, no problem, but keeping my eyes open while a laser beam is at work - just can't fathom that.

2. Did you ever have to wear braces? How are your teeth? (any cavities, any pulled teeth, root canals, etc.)

Almost wore the braces, but since the problem was really with my jaw, there was no guarantee they would work. Yes to cavities, not because I don't brush but because my teeth formed with miniscule "pockets" and there were no water-pick type hygiene products back in the "olden days".

3. What (if any) recent movies have moved you emotionally? Which one and how so?

Can't really think of anything - I usually only view movies to relax and de-stress, so I go for the humorous or mystery type flicks. Nothing too emotionally stirring.

4. I visited my dear Mema in the managed care facility Sunday and while she is doing well, I was sad for her. Living out your final days/years someplace like that seems so lonely to me. Would you rather live the remainder of your golden years in a rest home, or pass away before it came to that?

I plan to live a good, long life, be audacious and witty to the end, and die in my sleep.

5. Sometimes, but not nearly often enough, I will just stop and marvel at the amazing planet on which we live. The eco-system, life and death, nature, the perfect balance that keeps us alive, the universe, it can all be mind-boggling if you let your mind get carried away. What natural creation or phenomenon just flat-out leaves you with a sense of wonder?

I am amazed at the power of water - how it can carve out canyons and make jagged stones smooth as glass. Yet its calming effects are just as strong.

6. Have you ever been in a fist fight or a situation where you had to get physically violent with someone else? How did that come about? Any consequences?

No - although I have had boyfriends try to pull the macho man routine. I was not impressed.

7. Many times I look back in hindsight and think of how I should have handled a situation. Are there any recent happenings that you wish you would have handled differently? What happened and what do you wish you'd done?

The kidlet's friend - I wish I'd taken a longer look at the situation before letting the friendship develop so far. This girl doesn't have many friends and doesn't get invited to people's homes very often. Unfortunately, now I know why.

blog comments powered by Disqus