Dec 20, 2003

1. When you were in elementary school, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A teacher. Almost got there, too. Now I'm glad I switched majors. Don't think I'd have much fun dressing for work in full battle gear.

2. How old were you when you stopped growing?

Well, I haven't stopped growing yet. Upwards, certainly, but sideways is a constant battle. And mentally, well, I hope that never stops.

3. What do you think are the three most significant events to occur so far in your life? Have you ever written about them?

Going off to college is number one. Seeing the "Me" in the dorm room mirror, without the glasses. So vastly different from the Me that grew up in a small town and went to high school feeling oh so much less that those popular girls. Seeing for the first time that I actually was so much more attractive that most of them. I think back now what a waste those years were - the only thing that had held me back was me.

The birth of my child. The battles with cancer.

I have only started writing about them. Going down deep and writing out the pain is hard, but cathartic.

4. What weird food combination do you really like?

Don't do much in the way of food combos. There's the chocolate milk and soda thing, but I don't consider it weird. No. It is not. Come on. Have you tried it?

5. In our Tuesday chat with Steve Simpson (Macfisto), author of our current Absolute Blank article, we discussed the differences between writing longhand and writing on the computer. Do you write your first drafts longhand or on the computer? Why?

I alternate. Just can't write fast enough longhand, but I am addicted to the feel of a good pen on quality paper. Wish I had that Catholic school penmanship, tho.


Questions from Toasted Cheese

blog comments powered by Disqus